June 26, 2013

2013 Debuts That I've Read

As you may or may not know, Amber over at Books of Amber is hosting a Debut-a-Thon that starts this Thursday and ends Sunday. To get myself pumped up, I figured I could put together a few separate posts talking about debuts of this year; what I've read, extra books I find interesting and  might read later on, and the actual books I plan to read this weekend. Today I'll be doing the books that I've already read!


Altered by Jennifer Rush - I read this at the very beginning of the year and absolutely loved it. It was fast paced and always kept me on my toes, constantly wondering what would happen next. It has action, mystery, and even some romance.
Pivot Point by Kasie West - Another debut that in my opinion rocked! The story is narrated in an unusual way that not only keeps your head in the story, but keeps you in suspense as well. I don't really know what else to say about, other than it's a nice, light read that I think is worth a chance.
Dualed by Elsie Chapman - My least favorite of the list, the concept of the story was intriguing, definitely had a lot of potential, but I just didn't find myself caring for the characters and it was a struggle to finish reading. I still can't exactly figure out why I didn't enjoy this book, but overall it was okay. However, I feel like some might enjoy this a lot more than I did.
My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi - When I got this book, I had no clue what it was about, which is quite often the case when getting contemporary novels. Some people love going into books not knowing anything about them, but for me, it usually just makes it hard for me to get into the book and enjoy it. However, this story immediately picked up, revealing an honest account of the main character's internal struggles with dealing with very serious issues, which was honestly something I didn't expect. I really enjoyed this book and I think it's totally worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment