June 28, 2013

Debut-a-Thon Day 2

CHALLENGE
Pair That Debut (hosted by Music Plus Books)
When I read what today's challenge was, I instantly went, oh gosh, this is gonna be HARD. I eventually came to terms that whatever I chose, it would probably end up being cheesy, so just bear with me. I'm currently reading The Madman's Daughter, and I thought Demons by Imagine Dragons seemed fitting. I actually picked this song when I was less than halfway through the book because of these lyrics:

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There's nowhere we can hide

I thought of it as more of a literal meaning; Montgomery trying to keep the ugly secrets and details of her father's "madness" from Juliet. As the book progresses, Juliet becomes more and more aware of  a dark side of herself. After she sees what her father is capable of, she starts to fear that she is more like him than she wishes to be. She really IS scared of herself and is obviously afraid to tell people because of the fear that they will come to the same conclusions as she has and be repulsed by what they find. She knows she needs to confide in somebody to be able to truly discover herself.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you connected them! Wonderful song overall as well. Good luck Lexi!
    Laura @ Music Plus Books

    ReplyDelete